Code of Conduct
The mission of The World Axe Throwing League is to promote competition through sportsmanship and fair play. Our leagues/events should be played in a sportsmanship-like manner. Although competition may become intense, we expect our participants to maintain a high degree of sportsmanship up to and after the final throw. As a participant in any WATL tournament or event, you must pledge to:
- Respect the game, play fairly, and follow all rules and policies.
- Accept & respect the decisions of WATL officials.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during, and after games, win or lose.
- Be responsible for the sportsmanship of teammates and assist in maintaining a respectful environment for all participants.
- Be courteous to opposing players, teams, officials, spectators, monitors, or facilitators and treat all players and WATL officials with respect.
- Help to maintain and keep all equipment and conditions at the facility in good condition.
- Obey all facility rules, while respecting all equipment, common areas, playing areas, parking areas, and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Refrain from the use of abusive language or profanity. (Including but not limited to: contemptuous, discriminatory or denigratory words or actions concerning race, color, language, religion, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety, or well being of any player, official staff member, or spectator.
- Not engage in verbal, written, or physical threats or abuse aimed at any participant, official, staff member, or spectator.
- Not initiate a fight, scuffle, or exchange with any individual (including but not limited to: pushing, shoving, punching, kicking, verbal threats or harassment).
- Not allow, use or encourage illegal drugs at any location.
- All participants MUST wear closed toe shows.
NO Participants will be allowed if intoxicated……….. Even a little bit!
In the event that a WATL Official suspects the use of alcohol, or drugs, at the sole discretion of the WATL Official, the individual will be asked to leave the premises. If the participant refuses to leave, the participant will be banned from this establishment.